Record iPhone Screen with iRec – For those who missed iRec after it stopped working for iOS devices a long time ago, the good news is that iRec is back. Developed by iNoCydia, iRec used to be a popular app to record iPhone screen. It was preferred by many to record iPhone screen before it stopped working and disappeared from the scene.
When the app stopped working, users moved on to AirShou, QuickTime and other methods to record iPhone screen. But, iRec 2.0 has been recently introduced that claims to record iPhone screen without Jailbreak for up to iOS 10 without a hitch. Though still beta, the apps showing great promise.
Record iPhone Screen without Jailbreak: Use iRec
iRec works on both jailbroken and non-jailbroken iOS devices. There are virtually no limitations when it comes to iRec and to top it off, it’s free and easy to use. iRec records iPhone screen irrespective of the apps running on the screen. You can record gameplay, videos, chats, during browsing or anything at all using iRec, iOS screen recorder app.
Since iRec is beta at the moment, you may experience some bugs while you record iPhone screen. Apple has particularly been hostile to any screen recorder apps on its iOS devices. However, at the moment iRec has a lot to offer. Let’s discuss some of the features of iRec to record iPhone screen apart from the fact that it’s free and doesn’t require Jailbreak.
Features offered by iRec for iOS 10
Since iRec doesn’t require Jailbreak, it can be downloaded and installed by users of iOS 10 especially since there’s still no news of Jailbreak for iOS 10. You can not only record iPhone screen but can also share the recordings with your friends. The recorded videos are stored in Photos app in your iPhone/iPad.
In the Photos app, iRec makes a new folder dedicated to screen recordings. When you record iPhone screen, the recorded videos do not clutter your Photos app. The sharing functionality is also built in the iRec app itself. Collectively, it lets you access and share the recorder videos quickly and easily. This accounts for a great user experience.
How to Install iRec on iPhone/iPad for iOS 10
If you’re facing difficulty in installing iRec on your iPhone/iPad for iOS 10 without Jailbreak, follow our simple stepwise guide below:
- Open Safari browser. Most users faced problems when they tried to download iRec using other browsers such as Chrome, Mozilla, etc. So, we recommend that you use only Safari for iRec installation.
- Go to the URL: emu4iOS.net. You will see a list of emulators.
- Scroll down and find iRec. You will find it right on the homepage. If you can’t find it, you can also search for it in the search bar on the homepage.
- Select iRec and tap Install.
- Wait till the download is complete and ready to install.
- Tap iRec to install. Wait till installation completes.
- Now go to Settings > General > Profiles and look for the profile for iRec.
- Trust the iRec profile.
- Launch iRec and start recording your iPhone/iPad screen without Jailbreak for iOS 10.
IRec developers took quite some time to upgrade their software but the efforts seem to pay off. iRec is a fine app to record iPhone screen. Given that it’s still beta, we will see many improvements in the coming days. If you face any issues using iRec to record iPhone screen, you can share them with the developers. There is a feedback button right within the app for this purpose.