Yes, you can fix iMessage on iOS 10. Fixing an iMessage activation error is a tricky task for many. But, you can get it done easily with following our simple guide.
Many iPhone users have encountered the problem of iMessage not working on their devices. The real frustration comes when you cannot find any proper solution for it. There are alternatives of iMessage, including Whatsapp, IMO, etc. However, many iPhone users find iMessage the most convenient way of communicating with their friends & family. iPhone 7 and 7 Plus have been announced, along with iOS 10. Therefore, we must resolve the issue of iMessage not working on iOS 10 as soon as possible.
Several users also report iMessage not working on iOS 10. It does not mean that there is no solution to fix iMessage on iOS 10. However, it is true that there is no ultimate iMessage fix for every other iPhone and iPad device. We know many solutions, but we do not know which particular one will be suitable for your problem. So, we have gathered and written all the solutions available for iMessage not working on iPhone/iPad.
How to Fix iMessage Activation Error on iOS 10
You can apply any of these methods to fix iMessage on iOS 10. Most of them can only be used when you have a working internet connection and active cellular network. Apple requires both Internet and Cellular connection to verify and activate iMessage. In most times, the iMessage activation error comes up when you don’t have enough credit in your phone. If you are in US, it may not cost you much, but international users have to spend a dime to fix iMessage activation error on their devices. The iMessage activation process will send a text message to Apple, and in return it will receive a secret key.
Check the Network Settings
As we all know that iMessage works when, Wi-Fi or cellular internet is turned on. The problem on iMessage not working can occur if Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection is weak. Try to be closer to the router if you are using Wi-Fi network. For 3G/4G, restart the service and then try sending the message.
If the network is not your problem, then proceed towards the next solution.
Check the Time Zone of Your iPhone/iPad
As the problem of iMessage not working is a scattered one, sometimes the cause of it is incorrect time zone. To check that:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on General
- Select Date & Time and see if the time zone is correct or not.
Restart the iMessage Service
You can also restart the iMessage service, to get rid of the problem still occurs. To do that:
- Go to settings and select Messages
- Turn off the iMessage service and then turn it On
- Wait for the activation
- Making sure that the network is active, send a message to a person who uses iMessage too
- If you still find the same problem, sign out your Apple ID and then sign in again. After that, repeat solution.
Many users find the issue of iMessage waiting for activation on iOS 10. Here is how you can resolve the waiting for activation issue on your iPhone/iPad.
Fix iMessage Activation Error
- Solution a. Check that your carrier supports the service of iMessage. Call them and verify the situation
- Solution b. Turn off the iMessage service, switch to Airplane mode and then turn on the Wi-Fi. Now switch back on iMessage and turn off Airplane mode. The iMessage service will be activated, and you will not see iMessage activation error
- Solution c. If the issue still isn’t resolved, reset your iPhone/iPad
Check the “Send & Receive” Option
Sometimes you can resolve the iMessage not working issue by checking out the “Send & Receive” section of your device.
- Launch Settings App
- Go to Messages and select Send & Receive
- You can see that your number and Apple ID is listed there
- Now you need to try various methods here. You can remove either email ID or phone number to resolve the iMessage not working You can also reset these options to check if the problem is resolved
Other solutions to fix iMessage on iOS 10
- Restore your iPhone/iPad
- Enable auto-updates in Date & Time
iMessage not working on iOS 10 can be a real issue for many. Apple packed iOS 10 with a major update for Messages app. You will not able to get most out of iOS 10 without iMessage. The iMessage activation error on iOS 10 is not supposed to happen, but there is always something that can mess up with iMessage.
Apple introduced iOS 10 with lots of features and functions for the Messages app, including stickers, background music, animations, and lots of other cool stuff. You can most probably fix iMessage on iOS 10 using the steps mentioned above.
We are keeping our ears open to get your input about your encounter on fixing iMessage activation error on iOS 10. You can always drop a message in the comments section to get our direct help regarding an issue with your device. We advise users to reset the Network Settings before applying a fix for iMessage activation on iOS 10.