Change iPhone Themes – You’d think I’m kidding when I say that you can give your iOS 10 device a graphical overhaul without Jailbreak. Well, you heard it right. Much like Cydia’s WinterBoard, you can change iPhone themes and that too without Jailbreak.
You must have noticed that your friends are changing iPhone themes on their latest iOS 10 even though they don’t have Jailbreak. How exciting that this is now possible! First we saw game emulators that installed on your iOS devices like iPhone and iPad without Jailbreak. Then many third-party apps sprung up which didn’t need you to Jailbreak your device.
But who thought you could change iPhone themes without Jailbreak as well.
iSkin: Change iPhone themes without Jailbreak
If you’ve had Jailbreak on your device, you must have installed Winterboard to change iPad and iPhone themes. Think of iSkin as a substitute of Winterboard with the exception that it doesn’t require you to jailbreak your device. That is why you can easily install it on iOS 10 devices.
ISkin by TooLiPHoNe is a handy tool that lets you customize iPhone themes. You can change shapes of icons, color scheme, add shadows, or set iPhone themes inspired by Android. This way you can change iPhone themes using iSkin without installing Cydia or Jailbreak.
Note: Not to dampen your excitement but although iSkin is a cool non-Jailbreak tool to change iPhone themes, you won’t find its operation as smooth as Winterboard. Being a Jailbreak tweak, Winterboard is power-packed with features and has no limitations. On the other hand, iSkin is no doubt an effective solution for your non-Jailbreak endeavors.
How to change iPhone theme without Jailbreak
Follow our step by step guide below to use iSkin on your smart device with iOS 10 to change iPad or iPhone theme, icons, and overall style and color scheme.
- Open Safari on your iOS device such as iPhone or iPad.
- Go to http://iskin.tooliphone.net
- Scroll about halfway down the page and you will find the button “Browse all themes.”
- Select one of the themes that you’d like to install on your iPhone. Tap on Application icons.
- You will see a list of all the apps that you’ve installed on your iPhone or iOS device. Choose the apps whose icon you want to change and leave the ones that you don’t want to change.
- Once you’re satisfied with the icon settings, tap on ‘Install Icons.’
- It will take some time to redirect you to a new page. On this page, tap ‘Install’ and then enter your passcode or use Touch ID. Tap ‘Install’ again when prompted for confirmation.
- Tap on ‘Done’ and installation process will proceed.
- You will see a message on your screen reading ‘installation in progress.’
- As installation concludes, you will return automatically to your Home Screen.
Surprise! Surprise! How do you like the new look of your Home Screen? Did you like the theme or are you planning to choose another one?
Stuck with iSkin “Please Wait” screen?
The installation process for iSkin takes around 30 seconds. After that the Settings app pops up automatically and takes you to Profile page. You’ll see the changes in theme, icons, colors, etc immediately.
However, if you find yourself waiting for the theme to install more than half a minute, you need to intervene. Reload the iSkin page and go through all the steps mentioned in “How to change iPhone theme without Jailbreak” above in this article once again. This time hopefully it will install the new iPhone theme on your iPhone without a hitch.