It’s time to change your iPhone carrier logo that sticks like a sore thumb in your status bar year after year. The good news is that you can change iPhone carrier logo even if you don’t have Jailbreak on your device. In this post, we’ll discuss an awesome way to change iPhone carrier logo that works with both Mac as well as Windows computer.
Going back to the Jailbreak days, everyone could change their iPhone carrier logo with tools like Alkaline and Zeppelin. But then iOS 10 happened and Jailbreak was far from reality. Even now the jailbreaking ability is limited and users look to enjoy a little freedom with their precious devices through non-Jailbreak tweaks and tricks.
If you’re tired of the dull iPhone carrier logo stuck at the top left corner of your screen since what looks like eternity, you can use Zeppelin alternatives on your non-jailbroken devices. Whether you use Verizon, AT&T or Sprint, the boring logo isn’t customizable and is here to stay for years to come. At least Apple could let you hide it or change it but Apple true to its limitations, didn’t give you a provision to edit your status bar.
CustomCarrierLogo: Change iPhone Carrier Logo
Jailbreak users can easily customize their status bar and change their iPhone carrier logo. They have Alkaline, a tweak that lets them change their status bar. Then they have Zeppelin, the best Cydia tool to change iPhone carrier logo for jailbreak users.
But, what do non-Jailbreak users do to change iPhone carrier logo!
There is an app called CarrierEditor that is a Zeppelin alternative for Mac users. CarrierEditor doesn’t require Jailbreak on your device and gives you functionality similar to Zeppelin. Though CarrierEditor cannot attain the true potential of Zeppelin due to absence of Jailbreak access, it lets you change iPhone carrier logo without any problem. The only limitation of CarrierEditor is that it doesn’t support Windows computer. Hence, only mac users can enjoy this liberty.
But windows users don’t need to panic. IOS developer Dany Lisiansky has prepared software for every non-Jailbreak user whether he’s Windows user or Mac user. You can use his tool named as CustomCarrierLogo and change iPhone carrier logo using iTunes on Windows computer.
How to change iPhone carrier logo without Jailbreak
- You can get CustomCarrierLogo from here
- Run CustomCarrierLog.exe to start the installation.
- Click on “Let’s get started” button.
- Under Current Carrier Version, enter the version number of your current carrier running on your device. You can find it from Settings > General > About on your iOS device.
- Choose your device such as iPhone.
- At the right side of the black logo, click on “Browse.” This will show you a list of logos to choose from. You can get more logos from Cydia, logo packs or download them from internet.
- Once done, build your carrier update bundle by clicking on “Create IPCC Carrier Bundle” button to build it.
- Wait for the IPCC file and then connect your iPhone/iPad with your computer.
- Launch iTunes, press and hold Shift key and click on Restore iPhone button.
- Select the IPCC file and click Open to apply the carrier bundle update to your device.
- When update is complete, reboot your device.
After the reboot, changes will be instantly applied and the changed iPhone carrier logo is visible. As you can see it’s not difficult to install CustomCarrierLogo on your device. This works for Windows as well as MAC and best thing is you’ve changed your iPhone carrier logo without any Jailbreak.