Best Nintendo DS Emulator – Remember the days when you used to play games using your Nintendo DS consoles? Nintendo DS consoles were the best ones out there and still are. But, with the rise of smartphone industry, it’s the age of Nintendo Emulators for iPhone and iPad. Isn’t it ironic that the Game Industry Giant didn’t invest its time and abilities in developing gaming apps for smartphones until recently?
This void left a breeding ground for Nintendo DS Emulators that allow the Nintendo DS lovers play Nintendo games on their iPhones and iPads. You don’t often see people playing on their DS consoles anymore. With a Nintendo Emulator on your iPhone or iPad, you can carry multiple DS games on your smart device and play them whenever and wherever you are.
Nintendo DS Emulators are an untangled, quick and easy way of enjoying your favorite classic retro games. To satisfy your Nintendo nostalgia, you can choose from a range of Nintendo Emulators. In this guide we will discuss some of the best DS emulators out there so you can experience the best blend of classic games with modern technology.
The best Nintendo Emulators for iPhone and iPad
Playing classic retro games like PlayStation, N64 and Nintendo games on your iOS device is very much possible if you download the right Emulator. And no, you don’t need to enter the murky waters of Jailbreak to get the right DS Emulators for your iPhone or iPad.
NDS4iOS – Nintendo DS emulator (Jailbreak + Non-Jailbreak)
This Nintendo emulator works for both Jailbroken and non-jailbroken devices. You can download it for up to iOS 9 for jailbroken device. If you want this DS emulator for non-jailbroken devices, you can get it up to the latest iOS 10.
How to install NDS4iOS Nintendo DS emulator without Jailbreak
- Launch Safari and open iosem.us/app/install/nds.html.
- Tap ‘Install’ in the top-right corner. You will be prompted again twice. Select ‘Install’ on both prompts and wait for the download to complete.
- Once the download is complete, go to Settings > General > Profile. If you have iOS 9 and later, go to Settings > General > Device Management instead.
- Now look for the profile added by NDS4iOS and select it.
- Now tap Trust and then tap Trust again when it asks for confirmation.
- The NDS4iOS is successfully downloaded.
Now you have to download ROM files for your favorite games using iTunes from your computer.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
- Launch iTunes.
- Select you device and go to Apps section.
- Navigate to ‘File Sharing’ and select NDS4iOS.
- Drag and drop files for each game into the ‘NDS4iOS documents.’
- Now you can see the ROM files for the games you transferred in the DS emulator app in iPhone and iPad.
iNDS – A Cydia tweak for Nintendo DS Emulator
This is a relatively new emulator and works only with iPhones and iPads that have Cydia installed. The upside is that you don’t need to load ROMs using iTunes and your computer. You can load them directly within the iNDS Nintendo emulator app. Developers boast that it can manage 60 fps on new iPhone and iPad models.
How to install iNDS Nintendo DS emulator
- Launch Cydia.
- Add the repo: http://www.williamlcobb.com/repo
- Use Search and type iNDS.
- Install and restart your device.
GBA4iOS – Nintendo DS Emulator for Game Boy Advance
If you only want Game Boy Advance instead of Nintendo DS, you can download GBA4iOS for iOS 10 for iPhone or iPad. There are no strings attached and we can’t really find any cons with this Nintendo Emulator. You can download it without Jailbreak, it’s absolutely free, and you can find ROMs directly from Safari or inbuilt search field that takes you to Google.
So what are you waiting for! Download the Nintendo emulator of your choice and satisfy your gaming nostalgia.